Increasing the Value of Your LandBy Malina Barber-Regier
October 20, 2022
Five ways to boost the value of your acreage
5 Ways to Increase Your Rural Property Value
Before listing your land, there are a few things you can do as a seller to get the highest return rate.
1. Run Utilities. Running utility lines ensures a significant increase in the land's value. According to a LANDTHINK Pulse Survey, 74 percent of respondents said electricity is the top logistical concern when searching for land in a rural community. In most cases, running utilities will add 10-20 percent to the overall profit.
2. Improve Access. Even if you have the perfect property, its value will be dramatically decreased without easy access. Ideally, an asphalt or concrete driveway is best. If those aren't affordable options, gravel is a good alternative.
3. Landscape. Curb appeal applies to more than just urban homes. Ways to improve the landscape include pruning trees, pulling weeds, clearing brush and picking up trash.
4. Install Drainage. Drainage issues are a major concern for anyone looking to purchase raw land. Land with ineffective drainage is one of the least appealing properties to prospective buyers. Luckily, these issues can be easily resolved by installing underground drain tiles, which ensure the water is dispersed.
5. Plant Trees. Planting trees on your property can add value, beauty and privacy.
For additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out at (803) 549-5322.